Disclaimer: portablegeneratorsrated.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
The Generac iQ2000 portable generator is plain perfect for a whole lot of good reasons. You can use it to power up the required loads at places where you don’t have access to direct electricity. Some of the most common examples include picnics, camps, backyard parties and other tailgating events, for instance. However, it’s important that you are properly aware of its capacities so that you know how to use it and what to expect of it. This is why we’ve compiled this comprehensive Generac iQ2000 Review. It has the sole purpose of providing you with actual and useful information that should enable you to take full advantage of this portable generator.
Having a back-up generator could be incredibly beneficial and useful. However, you should proceed with care when you decide to actually buy one. There is a huge abundance of choices out there and it’s not that hard to get mixed up in the mess and pick a unit that won’t do you much good. However, the Generac iQ2000 is perfect for moderate demands and it is perfectly capable of satisfying the majority of needs. Let’s take a further look at some of its perks.
It’s Not Heavy, It’s Quiet and It’s Durable
We could probably list these three as separate qualities but they do go hand in hand and the Generac iQ 2000 combines them perfectly. The unit weighs less than 50 pounds, which means that you could easily carry it all by yourself without additional assistance. This is important because, after all, you are mainly going to use it when camping or tailgating and lifting it can’t be bypassed.
At the same time, this portable generator offers something that a lot of others don’t – quiet performance. The last thing you want is a loud generator that won’t let you hear what the other guy is talking about. You are out in nature to relax, not to listen to your generator rumble.
This portable generator is also incredibly durable. This suggests that you could be using it for a lot of years to come. While it might not seem like a big deal now, you will quickly find out that the return on your investment is great and the iQ2000 portable generator offers a lot of value indeed.
A Variety of Operation Modes
Unlike the regular generators, this one, in particular, comes with three operation modes, which are designated to cater to your individual demand. You can choose between Turbo, Standard and Economy modes, all of which have different advantages. The first one will provide you with a quick generation of a steady income current, the second is designated for regular use while the last is suitable for not so demanding purposes.
At the same time, the unit is easy to start up through the PowerDial which is featured on the generator’s control panel. This makes it incredibly easy to use. However, for safety reasons, we fully advise that you read the instructions first.
In any case, you should be aware that this review aims to be completely objective. This is why we tend to discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of the product. While the latter might not be much, for the sake of being completely objective, we are going to discuss them. The following is a comprehensive listing of the strong suits and the ones which might not be so desirable.
Generac iQ2000 Pros and Cons
- The device offers status indicators. They are intended and mainly designated to alert the user when the generator is overheating, overloaded or the levels of fuel or oil are low. This is incredibly advantageous because you will be fully aware of when to react. Getting your generator to overheat might cause some irreparable damages and it may just as well render it unusable.
- It comes with a smart and responsive LED dashboard. This would allow the user to verify the current levels of fuel and also to see the expected run time. This is helpful because it offers you valuable information related to the functioning of the generator. Combined with the previous feature, you can rest assured that your generator doesn’t go out of fuel and you don’t go out of electricity. At the same time, the machine uses a modern PowerBarr technology which constantly depicts the wattage which is produced.
- Parallel use. You can connect two identical iQ2000 generators if you opt to get the Parallel Kit. This is going to double the output of electricity and could ensure even greater demands. This is suitable for a wide range of different occasions which may require a higher current of electricity.
- It might not be as quiet as advertised. Even though this is rather expected, the generator increases the production of sound while it’s under a heavier load. While this might be quiet normal and it’s definitely not a sign of trouble, it can get a little louder.
- One of the things that could be considered as a disadvantage is the fact that it doesn’t have a 12V battery charging kit. Of course, this can hardly classify as a serious downside, but it’s worth noting.
All in all, as you can see from this Generac iQ2000 review the device is well worth your money and it’s definitely going to meet all of your expectations. This model definitely stands out among other Generac portable generators. It’s also quite reassuring to know that the unit has an incredibly high score on Amazon and that the majority of the reviews are outstanding. Almost everyone who has bought this unit seems to be incredibly pleased with it and doesn’t seem to have any complaints.